|David Brown's Wildlife Services
12 Hotel Road
Warwick, MA 01378
Tel: 978 544 8175
Tracker-naturalist David Brown provides several services focused on New
- Interpretive programs, including animal tracking and bird programs
- Wildlife inventories, including both mammal tracking and bird surveys
- Docent training for interpretive walk leaders
- Wildlife education planning for organizations
- Encounters presents animal tracking and other wildlife experiences from
David Brown's journal, species profiles, mammal tracking tips and tracking
- Services presents information for prospective program sponsors as well
as information about mammal tracking and bird inventories, docent training
and wildlife education planning.
- About presents a bio and background on David Brown.
websites that contain good information about animal tracking.
- Resources provides reviews and recommendations for books and
This site was last updated on April 12. It is frequently modified with new
programs and information on animal tracking, bird life and other wildlife materials.
Thank you for visiting and check back again.
Unless otherwise credited, all images on this site are the property of David W.
Brown and carry either an inherent or registered copyright.
Calendar of programs -Spring-summer 2017
(Additional programs will be added as they are scheduled; For more information, see
the Quabbin Trails page or the Sponsored Programs page.
Saturday, April 23. Quabbin Tracking. New date. See the Quabbin Trails page for
Saturday, May 13. Quabbin Birds. See the Quabbin Trails page for details.
Sunday, May 28. Quabbin Tracking. See the Quabbin Trails page for details.
Sunday, June 11. Quabbin Tracking. See the Quabbin Trails page for details.
Sunday, July 9. Quabbin Tracking. See the Quabbin Trails page for details.
Sunday, August 13. Quabbin Tracking. See the Quabbin Trails page for details.
Sunday, September 17. Quabbin Tracking. See the Quabbin Trails page for details.
...and for the fall:
Sunday, October 15. Land Navigation I. Details TBA.
October 21-22. Northeast Trackers Conference, Westborough MA. Details TBA
Sunday, November 12. Land Navigation II. Details TBA.
|Books and Identification Cards by David Brown:
- Trackards for North American Mammals
- The Companion Guide to Trackards for North American
- The Next Step: Interpreting Animal Tracks, Trails and Sign
(See the Products page for more information)
The last patches of snow have melted
contributing their water to the nearest brook
or beaver pond, and the warmth of spring is
upon us. The newly exposed earth is redolent
with scents that we had almost forgotten over
the odorless winter. Many animals that have
been torpid over the cold season, such as the
bear that left this print in pondside mud, are
now abroad searching for food and mates.
The subtle season for trackers has arrived,
challenging us to find, identify and interpret
sign often hiding in plain sight. Join the
adventure this spring and summer.